November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Tablescape

My, my, my ... last week sure did fly by.  We did a whole lot of livin' with our good friends the M family in town and I just haven't quite caught back up!  Lots of fun pictures and goodies to share, but since I still haven't uploaded that beast of a camera to my computer, and I'm out of town ... we will just have to wait another day or two until I return back home (heavy sigh).

After packing up the spooktacular Halloween periphenalia a few weeks back, I decided to leave my dining room tablescape as is.  You see, when the spooky stuff came out, all of the basic fall decor was elaborately placed together in the dining room.  Surprise, surprise ... I just loved the way it looked and deamed it suitable to stay through Thanksgiving!

I covered the table in burlap and brown tulle.  Then layered on a large cornocopia full of feathers, leaves and pumpkins.  Add to that a large tiered french farm basket full of pinecones and round it out with our cute fall printable checklist and some large pumpkins ... voila!  A tablescape like no other. 

Since we won't be hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year, this lovely display will be here through the most thankful day of the year.  Happy Turkey Day, ya'll!