July 27, 2012

California Dreamin'

This week, my work travels took me to my most fave place on the planet; Southern California.  While work was busy, there were a few free moments that I stole away for fun. 
I was able to steal away bestie S, who is conveniently a co-worker too, and meet up with bestie C and another college friend C.  We dined on a delish champagne brunch at Bayside in Newport Beach.  Over the years, bestie C and I have made more than our share of appearances at Bayside brunch and it has become a tradition.  The champagne flows freely, mimosas are divine and the food is to.die.for fresh and lovely.  I opted for a fresh salad and an open face lobster salad sandwich on thick brioche bread.  Simply amazing. 



Shortly after the time with friends, my focus did shift to work, promise.  In between meetings and quality time with my laptop; I was able to break free and go for a few jogs on the beach and sit outside at the resort to enjoy a few California sunshine rays. 




Huntington Beach, my home base this week, is host to the US Open Surfing event.  The festivities have quite a draw and lots of interesting sights to take in. 



My other fave thing to do in Orange County is to hit a few of my fave shop spots in Newport and Laguna.  I'll detail on the elaborate finds separately once I unpack my finds at home, but these spots are simply tops! 
Here's to a great week workcation.  Now, to get on home and see my fellas that I missed dearly this week!