May 08, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow


A few weeks back, I posted a cute garden starter kit here.  Well, in addition to the cute giftables, I saved a few seed packs for my own little veggie garden.  I’ll admit, I have a bit of an attention deficit disorder when it comes to gardening.  I cam plant with the best of them … but it’s that darn watering that keeps me from having a prize winning garden.  This year, I’ve vowed to myself to remember to water these little plants and see if we can get one or two things to make it to a harvest! 

Since my little veggie garden is in planters, I decided to get three oversized terra cotta planters and gussy them up a bit with a cute 1-2-3 bold numbering that’s so in style right now. 

To complete, I just printed off a few large numerals and traced them onto a roll of vinyl.  This stuff is pure magic!  You can buy it by the roll at Hobby Lobby (with a coupon) for just a few dollars.  I cut out each of the numbers and burnished them onto the pots. 



With the help of my trusty planting assistant, we filled these three big pots with lettuce, tomato, green beans, cucumber, bell pepper, basil, thyme, dill and oregano. 

Here’s hoping the rain fairy is kind this year and with any luck we will be celebrating with veggies real soon!