|Carrie and her feather bag from Sex and the City|
|Feather clutch, available online|
From start to finish, including feather clean up (which takes more time than you would think!), I was fashion forward in under an hour!
The Dish (what you need):
- A clutch or small handbag
- Glue - prefer glue gun
- Fabric glue (optional)
- Feather trim (available at craft stores in the floral section or fabric section)
- Coordinating ribbon
1. Shake out feathers to remove any fly aways (no pun intended)
3. Continue wrapping the feathers around the bag on fresh glue. Press to secure as you go.
4. Once you complete a full rotation of the bag, move up another measured width and continue with a new rotation. Don't worry, you can cover the section where you moved up a "row". Important to note, if you keep your rows close together, your purse will be very full and fluffy. If you prefer for the bag to lay flatter and not be as full, spread out your rows (you won't use as many feathers).
5. Wrap final rotation close, but not exactly on the top of the bag. You need to leave a tiny gap.
6. Trim any feathers that refuse to lay flat in place.
7. Wrap a coordinating ribbon around the very top of the bag to hide the ugly glue seam and give a nice finished edge to the bag.
|From very drab...|
|To fun and fab!|