Channelling my inner kindergartner, I fashioned these too cute paper fans in festive red, white and blue. This is such an easy craft - you must try! I paired the paper fan bouquets with a terra cotta pot full of red and white candles and voila ... a festive masterpiece for my kitchen!
The Dish (what you need):
- Glue (hot glue or craft works just fine)
- Various papers (scrapbook, construction, etc)
- Craft sticks
- Floral Foam
- Double side tape - optional
How To Voodoo (what to do):
1. Begin by folding the paper back in forth like a fan.
2. Once completely folded, take the fan and pinch in the middle. Secure with a staple.
3. Use the scissors to cut a decorative edge on the paper. I used a rounded cut, a single V shape, a double V shape, etc. Be sure to cut them at different lengths so that you have different size fans at the end.
4. Fan out the paper and tape or glue the opposite sides of the paper fan together to create a half circle fan.
5. Complete the same step on the other side (this one will be tougher) and secure with tape or glue.
6. Add a craft stick to the back with glue.
7. If you used tape, secure any areas needed with glue to ensure the full circle fan holds.
8. Take the fans on stick and place them in a container full of foam. Cover foam with tissue paper or crinkles.
Happy 4th of July, Ya'll!