We dined on this with a big salad for dinner this weekend and it was delish!
Mashed Potato Soup
2 tblsp butter
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 med container fresh mushroom, chopped (about 1-2 cup)
2 can chicken broth (about 20-24 oz)
2 cups mashed potatoes (the prepared refrigerator kind work great - so do leftovers!)
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
4 scallions, chopped
1/4 c half and half
1/4 sour cream
crumbled bacon - optional
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1. Cook bacon (if using) and set aside)
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute onion until soft.
3. Add mushrooms and continue to cook down until soft and cooked through.
4. Add chicken broth, seasoning and stir to mix completely.
5. Blend in mashed potatoes and stir until the lumps are gone. Note - if the potatoes are cold, it will take a few minutes to come up to temperature and blend completely.
6. Bring to a boil. Stir in 1/2 of the scallions, 1/2 cup of cheese, sour cream and half and half.
7. Bring back up to temperature. Garnish with remaining scallions, cheese and bacon.