Well, use your imagination will you, please?
To celebrate Chinese New Year in style, we had a delish and super easy dinner with bestie K and her girls A and AB. Since A and AB (and K for that matter) are super picky eaters, I opted for a nice and easy meal of Chicken Fried Rice and veggie egg rolls to celebrate the Chinese New Year in style. For dessert, store bought fortune cookies (they come in packs of 12 in the ethnic foods section) were dipped in red chocolate bark for a sweet treat to end the meal.
All had fun reading our fortunes aloud and getting a good chuckle at the things the cookies tell us are in store!
|Good fortunes and super easy!|
Easy Chicken Fried Rice (courtesy of Food.com)
serves 2 LARGE portions so I followed it loosely and did my own thing
- 2 ounces cooked chicken
- 8 ounces steamed rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon oil (use for cooking veggies)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 6 pinches pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Scramble eggs and chop after cooking.
- Saute chopped onion, green onion, seasoning and carrots in the oil until done and mix with chopped scrambled egg and chicken.
- Break off chunks of steamed rice and mix with vegetable, egg and chicken.
- Add sesame seed, minced garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, stirring well.
- Add butter and soy sauce into the mixture, stirring well until done.
Super easy, so please enjoy!