January 17, 2012

Chalkboard Cheers!

Ok, ok ... I know you know ... I'm absolutely obsessed with all things chalkboard painted. 

I gave new life to old containers with the brush of some paint here....


Turned an empty picture frame into a cute designer knock off chalkboard for my kitchen desk here....


And took an old armoire to new levels with a touchup here ...



Now, my passions have collided and a rogue set of wine glasses have now been chalked, too!  It's just too easy not to do - you must try! And it's so cute, to boot.  My besties and I will no longer be keeping tabs on our wine glasses with charms (gasp), now each gal will have her very own name on the base to remember which one is hers.  This comes in handy when the fight over "who had the pink one" breaks out when we drank one glass too many and can't recall!

Here's how I did it:
What you need:


  • chalkboard paint
  • wine glasses
  • painter's tape
  • paint brush
  • paper plates or newspaper to cover work area
What you do:
1.  Start by taping off the base of the glass.  It is imperative that the tape be straight.  This is your only guide for painting.


2.  Paint 2-3 coats of chalkboard paint on the base, let it dry to touch between coats.


3.  Let the paint cure for approx. 1 day before use.


4.  VOILA!  I'm loving it!  One little note ... handwash these once painted.  No dish washer for these pretties.

Cheers.  xoxo ~ charmed b

This post is partying over at: Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design and Craft to Make