February 07, 2012

Decorated with Love

The last week was spent frolicking with good friends and Dear Hubs among the snowy mountain tops in Beaver Creek, Co.  We had a great time and once I get back in this timezone, I'll be sure to post some pics of this great little adventure. 

In the mean time, I had a few free moments to go ahead and doll up the household decor for the sweetest day of the year.

First, I am excited to confess that I broke down and just painted the entire darn wall chalkboard.  Yes, my "go big or go home" rule to live by definitely kicked in here.  I chose a small wall (so Dear Hubs didn't have a hissy) just off the kitchen and right now it is sporting a sweet message for V-day!  You can see my other adventures in chalking here.

THE WALL!!!!
Next, I secured two felt decorations from (gasp) the dollar store.  Combined with some ribbon (also dollar store) and these cuties made TWO front door hangings for under $5.  Simply run a length of ribbon through the two sides of the felt decoration and I have a heart shape door hanging perfect for the month.  How's that for frugal???  I think another run is in order for MORE of these cuties.  Placemats maybe?  Sounds sweet to me!

Super simple front door hangings
The front hall table has been dolled up with some oversized heart shape lollipops, gumballs and cotton candy.  The display is complete with some cute confetti and bags for grabbing a handful on the go!  The cotton candy vase is a simple glass oversized vase, but I dolled it up with some puffy heart shape stickers.  The cute ribbons are compliments of Wilton and I gobbled up a ton of these from the sale area at Michaels.  They were such a deal!


Mini candy display

Cotton candy sweetness
 While my schedule is pretty hairy the next few weeks, at least I'm dolled up for the sweetest day of the year, and that's half the battle, right?

Happy February!
~charmed b