October 12, 2012

DIY White Ghost Pumpkins

I've had the fall bug for decorating for weeks now.  A few posts back, I showed a quick snap of one of my dough bowls filled to the brim with neutral pumpkins, acorns and other fall festive goodies. 

 
And here's some additional beautifully simple, neutral pumpkins in my fall vignette in the dining room.  This time, festively decked out with black crows for a spooky Halloween feel (for the month of October) and topped off with some celebritory adds for our anniversary celebration (more on that later).

 
To make the pumpkins ... for SUPER cheap .... I took these terribly neon, tacky dollar store pumpkins and added a few coats of Annie Sloan chalk paint and voila ... a much improved ghostly white pumpkin for a dollar a piece! 
I used Old Ochree paint and it did the trick just to paint a few coats on for full coverage. On a few others, I added Coco paint to the mix to give some depth and contrast.
In just a few easy minutes and some drying time in my garage ... there are white pumpkins a plenty now that can be enjoyed year after year!

Crafty cheap fall decor, y'all!
xoxo, b