It's been a nice change of pace being home on maternity leave for the past few weeks and in taking a page from June Cleaver's domestic diva manual ... having hot dinner on the table at 6pm is something I set out to accomplish this week.
This meal has all of the wow of a meal that took hours to prepare; but with the help of your trusty slow cooker, it can be ready with minimal fuss!
Chicken Scallopini with Slow Cooker Veggies
- 2 1/2 cups frozen seasoned diced potatoes
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 2 cups frozen early harvest peas
- 2 cups frozen haricots verts
- 2 pounds thin-sliced chicken breast fillets
- 1 packet Knorr veggie soup dry mix
- 1 can condensed cream of asparagus soup
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Vegetable oil
- Flour, for dredging
- Seasoning - Mrs. Dash and garlic powder
1. In a slow cooker, combine all veggies.
2. Whisk togetherr 2/3 of the dry soup mix, condensed soup and wine. Add to the slow cooker and mix with veggies. Set slow cooker on low for approx. 4 hours.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet.
4. Combine flour, remaining dry soup mix, seasoning and a dash of salt in a shallow plate or dish. Dredge chicken in mixture.
5. Cook chicken in skillet for approx. 2-3 min per side.
6. Serve chicken over the veggies.
Voila! Domestic diva meal in a flash!