July 01, 2011

I Scream For Icecream!


Maybe it's just me, but this summer sure does feel hotter, stickier and steamier than the way I romantically remember summers past.  I'm sure they are all the same, but this year my two "get by" staples have been icecream and watermelon.  Can't really complain when the medicine cure for heat is that sweet!

Here's a tasty treat that will keep you cool and provide an entertaining alternative to a few scoops on a cone or in a bowl (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that!).  Last week, I made a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, sandwiched them together with some really tasty vanilla bean icecream and rolled these little dolls around in some sprinkles.  The trick to this little treat is to be sure that you have good (tasty) cookies to begin with and that you let the icecream get soft before you add it between the cookies.  Once you make your sandwiches, refreeze for a bit to ensure they firm back up. 



While I really wanted to eat these all myself, I did share with my family :)

Stay cool!
~charmed b