September 10, 2012

Dine Around the ATL

It was another big weekend around these parts.  Upon an (on-time) arrival back in the ATL from a day trip to Houston, I scooted north to meet dear bestie S at a fab spot in Buckhead called STG Trattoria.  It was her pre-birthday celebration and so she picked a fave (that she raves about) as our go to spot. 

The minute I walked into this unassuming spot, I just new I was in love.  The wine list is extensive and affordable.  The decor is rich and oozing of industrial elegance with old world charm.  The food is to.die.for.

The extensive list of small plates had us drooling.  We dined on fresh bruschetta, delish chicken sausage with salted watermelon and a field pea salad.  I sure do love small plate sharing!  The wine selections (both) were fab and completely affordable.  We trusted our server to wine (literally) and dine us.  She did an amazing job!  This wine, by Home Grown vineyards, is a Cali delight.  The wine was a rich but subtle pinot noir and the cork sports a cute little quote.  According to the waitress there are 5-10 different ones.  No, we did not try to collect them all in one night!




Next stop ... Saturday.  After a fun time celebrating the impending arrival of twins for college friend S and her beau K, Dear Hubs and I stopped off at our fave Holeman and Fitch.  This speak easy, prohibition style spot is a go to fave due to their awesome vibe and delish cocktails.  Dear Hubs is entrawled by the extensive collection of whiskey, rye and bourbon.  I swear ... that man never raves about anything food or drink related, but he raves here!  In addition to the cocktails, I could live on their fresh breads and lovely boutique cheeses.  Yum.  We dined on literally half the menu; from homemade hot dogs to pork belly buns ... every bite was perfectly scrumptious!  I even talked our sweet waiter, Pumps (yes, nickname) into letting me buy a loaf for Sunday Supper!

They print (and library stamp) their menu daily.  The cocktail card changes seasonally, so it is secured to cardboard with a laminating pocket cover.  I totally need to remember this for a rustic and fun menu card at parties!


My dashing date ... Dear Hubs


Between these two big nights out, two tennis matches, fun with baby B, a workout or two, home projects and such this weekend flew by.  After Sunday Supper with the fam around 9pm, I think I zoned out and actually fell asleep on the couch (watching a re-run of Golden Girls) out of pure exhaustion!  I think I felt about like our sweet Sheila, who I caught napping on Dear Hub's tennies this weekend.  Seriously ... how tired do you have to be to sleep on his big, ole' shoes!


Cheers to Monday!  Here we go again!

xoxo~b