Blackberry Margaritas; from Cooking Light June 2011
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup 100% agave blanco tequila
- 3/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries
Instructions:1. Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar and kosher salt in a dish.
2. Cut lime into 9 wedges; rub rims of 8 glasses with 1 lime wedge.
3. Dip rims of glasses in salt mixture.
4. Combine water and 1/2 cup sugar in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Microwave at HIGH 2 1/2 minutes, stirring to dissolve sugar; cool.
5. Combine syrup, tequila, Grand Marnier, fresh lime juice, and blackberries in a blender; process until smooth.
6. Strain mixture through a cheesecloth-lined sieve over a pitcher; discard solids. Serve over ice. Garnish with remaining lime wedges.