May 24, 2011

Bacon and Eggs

One of the joyous perks of pregnancy is waking up at random hours of the early morning for no reason in particular.  I especially love when my internal alarm clock goes off shortly after 6am on the weekend and I spend time trying to convince myself to go back to bed! 

I'm learning not to fight it and to just get up and be productive, and one such little early morning productivity treat was my quest to make big breakfast for me and Dear Hubs to enjoy.  Now that my fabulous new screened in porch project is complete, I look for any reason to go sit and linger before the heat of the day sets in.  Breakfast seemed like the perfect excuse.  So, out came the omlette pan and blender and I learned just how quick I can make bacon, omlettes and a delish fruit smoothie!  As I've proclaimed before, I think brunch (and breakfast) may be my fave meal of the day; and the beauty of celebrating these early morning moments with a lovely meal is that they really are simple and still as impressive as evening celebrations!

So, here's to my first big breakfast on the new porch!   

A so simple smoothie recipe you must try for the summer .... just blend and enjoy!

So Simple Berry Blast Smoothie - blend and enjoy!
1 small bag frozen berries
1 individual serving container of Greek yogurt
2 packets of Splenda
1 tblsp honey
ice