Given the current pampering of these two fur babies, I thought why not try my hand at some healthy dog treats. So, with a good excuse to use up the milk in the fridge and a reason to pull out my cookie cutter collection ... I whipped up these nutty treats for the diva dogs in a snap! These are so very easy to make and I'm pretty sure if left unattended they would be gone in a few minutes! This recipe is great because it doesn't include some crazy preservatives (so it should be eaten in 5-7 days after making them) and it makes a large batch of over 24 medium size treats.
|My well loved cookie cutters, including a dog bone of course!|
Peanut Dog Treats
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 Tbsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and in a separate bowl, combine the milk and peanut butter.
3. Stir the peanut butter and milk until smooth.
4. Gradually add the liquids to the dry ingredients.
5. Knead dough by-hand and roll-out on floured surface to desired thickness. Cut-out treats.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool before storing.
|Colby checking out his treat|
|Sheila thinks it's pretty great, too|
|Wrapped a few for doggy friends Henry and Cooper|