March 17, 2011

Lucky Charms

I’m not one to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day covered head to toe in green apparel (fear not ... I do play along and am sporting an adorable multi-strand green bead necklace, compliments of my bestie S), nor do I run person to person looking for those who forgot their green and pinching the blazes out of their arm; I am however a big fan of St. Patrick’s Day and love any excuse for a little celebration … and I love the color green!  I’m not sure what it is about St. Pat’s but it puts me in the mood for spring!  And today is the perfect spring day in Atlanta … so bring on the celebration!
There’s no big fete planned at my house this year, but I did manage to surprise dear Hubs with a funny treat to make it through his day in a festive way.  What more does a man need than Lucky Charms cereal and Guinness?  Of course, it’s perfectly displayed in the kitchen in a manner that would make my mama proud.


In years gone by, Hubs and I would venture 3 hours southeast to Savannah for a fantastic weekend celebrating all things Irish.  We didn’t make the trip this year, but I have fond memories and am keeping up with the blogs of a few fancy Savannah girls that were there for the parades and fun.  Come to think of it, St. Patrick’s Day is a bit of an anniversary for me and my American Idol, Paula Deen.  Back before there were tv shows, a huge multi-story restaurant and a line of country ham for Ms. Paula to endorse; I first visited her Lady and Sons restaurant St. Pat’s weekend over thirteen years ago.  My how time flies!