March 21, 2011

Sweets in Wonderland

Ya'll know I'm just a big fan of anything cupcake related; and add a dash of shopping, some too cute party ideas and a hint of entrepreneurial spirit and I'm sold!  About a year ago, I saw Allyson Ames, the adorable so sweet owner of Wonderland Bakery, on CNBC.  She shared the story of her business as part of a series on entrepreneurship.  Since that time, I've had the Wonderland Bakery on my must visit list when I am in Newport Beach, CA.

Well, I finally made it!  A few short minutes after arriving at the Orange County Airport, I convinced Dear Hubs that the first stop on vacation was a trip to this spot for a sweet treat.  Wonderland did not dissappoint.



This sugar rush is just over the top with pink sweetness.  The decor of the boutique is definitely an OMG moment for the girly set.  Wonderland offers a storefront with merchandise to round out your sweet experience; cake stands, napkins and adorable odds and ends for the perfect party!

Hubs and I dined on the fan favorite Turtle Brownie and of course, I couldn't resist a Southern Princess cupcake.  Southern Princess is affectionately known to us real Georgia Peaches as Red Velvet.  Nonetheless, it did our name proud!


Wonderland Bakery offers online ordering on the website in addition to their store fronts in sunny southern California.  Be sure to stop by for your own sweet surprise!

~charmed b