March 16, 2011

Makings of a Charmed Life


"Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller.

Yes, Ferris … indeed you are correct.  Your wise teenage wisdom rings true to me, even today.  Life is short and it does move fast, faster with each passing day.  It seems like only yesterday I was in high school and besties from college have been friends for over half my age, I guess it’s true … time flies when you are having fun. 


Like many of my generation, one of my all time fave movies is and will always be Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.  I’m not sure if my favorite scene is when Ferris tries to convince his buddy Cameron to borrow his dad’s car or when he jumps onto the parade route to sing a little Wayne Newton, but this movie has always brought a smile to my face and will forever be engrained in my memory well enough to quote it.    

While I’m not one to make New Year’s resolutions.  I have resolved my 32 year old self to find blessings in every day life.  That’s really what this blog is all about – sharing the good things that we encounter everyday that make them great.  Thanks for joining me on this adventure – and if you have everyday blessings to share … I’d love to spread your good word!

~ charmed b