March 21, 2011

Can I Ask You A Favor?

My friend K's daughter was having an art birthday party to celebrate turning the big 5.  K asked for some ideas for ways to sass up the party and I jumped into motion.  The party was being held at a local pottery and art studio, so decor and other needs were minimal.  But ... of course, we MUST have favors.  K was on a tight budget for the party and asked that I be mindful that this wasn't a red carpet celebrity grab bag.  I had just the idea.  What could be more fitting and on a budget than a coloring book to go? 




The Dish (How To Pull It Off):
  • Buy inexpensive coloring books - dollar stores have tons of these, I found adorable Sesame Street birthday ones for this party
  • Add colored pencils - you can split a single box between multiple kids
  • Add an adorable swirly twirly lollipop in coordinating bright colors
  • Tie with ribbon or inexpensive tulle
  • Top it off with a personalized tag for each child
A great way to tie it all together is to add a cute phrase on the personalized tag.  For this fabulous fete, I added a note reminding the guest to keep their creativity going.  It was a cute touch!



~charmed b