Today's little tip is an adorable way to take even a normal, average every day dessert and make it a little more fabulous. True, dessert doesn't really need a lot of help - but these adorable little dessert toppers are a fab addition to any everyday fete! I whipped up a few this past weekend for a brunch event.
The Dish (what you need):
- Card stock
- Paper punches (craft stores have TONS of these in the scrapbook section)
- Toothpicks or flat skewers (craft stores have these in the cake section)
- Glue stick
1. Simply print on the card stock a pattern or saying that you want as your focal point. No fancy printer? No worries, supplement with fabulous printed pattern cardstock or use no saying at all!
2. Punch out the preferred design. I find that the 1 inch circle is my go to staple, but the larger punches compliment it nicely.
3. Run the glue stick over one of the punched designs (back of course) and attach the stick to the glue. Cover the back with another punch. Make sure your backsides are facing each other (and the cute part is facing out).
I took this same concept a step further and made a larger display in a planter for a friend's birthday party. How's that for an easy (and non perishable) centerpiece???
Need some additional inspiration or just don't feel like you have what it takes to come up with your own? Visit the fabulous gals over at Paper Glitter for some free downloads!