March 24, 2011

Georgia On My Mind

My dear bestie M is moving to Scotland. While I’m thrilled at the thought of having a friend across the pond to go visit, I’m certainly going to miss her! In celebration of dear bestie M, I hosted a brunch for a few friends to celebrate this exciting time for her and her family.




This low key fete felt like it could use a theme to make the day more special, and a “Georgia On My Mind” theme was a perfect fit. To coordinate with the theme, the brunch menu consisted of Breakfast Casserole, Top Your Own Grits, Sweet Peach Yogurt Shooters and Homemade Pimento Cheese Sandwiches.




For dessert, Coca-Cola cupcakes were the perfect touch (topped with the cute toppers from a previous posting); and the signature bevs were Peach Bellinis and Coca-Cola.




A few special touches rounded out the event, M’s friends brought a Georgia coffee table book for all of the guests to sign a sweet note for M to take to Scotland with her.

And favors, oh yes of course … favors! To be budget conscious, I cooked up this adorable little favor and think it was the perfect touch. After prepping the little cuties, I realized just how versatile these are! Think about the possibilities … kid’s circus themes, sports themes, cowboy / western themes – the little favors will go perfectly with them all!




Overall, the simple brunch with the perfect theme was a hit and the ladies all enjoyed themselves greatly. What a wonderful way to spend time with friends!






~charmed b