April 18, 2011

Meat and Potatoes


Having grown up in Roswell, GA; I love the opportunity to go back to the historic downtown streets for shopping and a great meal.  It's my comfort food of sorts!  There are just so many places to choose from, but some get frequented more than others. 

I'm excited to report that one of my faves will be featured on the Food Network tonight.  Isn't it always exciting when a place you frequent makes the "cut" and appears on tv.  I always find myself  excitedly watching the tv and saying "hey, I go there ..." when it airs.  Tonight at 10pm EST, the Salt Factory Pub will be featured on a new show called Meat and Potatoes.  The restaurant's charm and cuisine made it a natural for some air time, and tonight's episode, "Comfort Meats" will include Salt's Shepherd's Pie.

Salt features modern pub comfort food cuisine and the old brick walled building has such style you will want to have an extra glass of wine just to relish the spot a bit longer!  Some of my faves include the curried almonds and the butcher block selection for the table to share, the smoked salmon tostadas and the crispy North Carolina brook trout entree.  Oh, and don't forget the soon to be famous Shepherd's Pie!