April 01, 2011

Dixie Delight's Heart Smart Cookie


This fantastic recipe is compliments of A over at Dixie Delights.  A is a friend and sorority sister; and I love reading her blog every day!  I'm so lucky to have caught her posting last month about the "heart smart cookie" because I am indeed hooked! 

I've made these cookies a few times and have convinced myself that they are not only delish but also a healthier alternative than most cookies.  Ok, I can't go so far as to say they are good for me, but I do love that they have oatmeal, dried fruit and nuts (I add nuts to A's recipe)!

Scoot on over to A's blog at Dixie Delights to get the full dish.  When I make them, I've modified the recipe by doing the following and it's still really tasty!
  • Add more dried cherries (or Craisins)

  • Used plain flour for the entire flour amount if you don't have whole wheat flour handy

  • Add walnuts

  • Split the chocolate between dark or bittersweet chocolate and milk chocolate (I'm a big fan of milk chocolate)


  • I love using my ipad for recipes in the kitchen!
    
    How yummy does that dough look???
    
    Bon Appetit!